Jay Pond, M.D.
Dr. Jay Pond is a founding member of Arlington Orthopedic Associates and practices general orthopedics with the exception of back and feet. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and he specializes in silver-coated implants for joint replacements, which drastically reduces the chance of infection during recovery. Dr. Pond completed medical school at UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas in 1990, he then completed his internship and his specialty training at Barnes Hosp/Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri from 1991 to 1995.
Dr. Pond participates in mission work through Faith in Practice, which is a faith-based medical mission team that travels to Guatemala numerous times each year to perform surgeries on underprivileged patients. He has been affiliated with the organization for 5 years now.
- High School: Conroe High School, Conroe, Texas
- College: Baylor University, Waco, Texas 1986 B.S. Biology
- Medical School: UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas 1990
- Internship: Barnes Hosp/Washington Univ., St Louis, Missouri 1990-1991
- Specialty Training: Orthopedic Surgery – Barnes Hosp/Washington Univ., St Louis, Missouri 1991-1995
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery – certified 7/98
- Arlington Orthopedic Group, L.L.P. 7/17/95-8/31/96
- Arlington Orthopedic Associates 9/1/96-present
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington – Active
- Arlington Memorial Hospital – Active
- Medical Center of Arlington – Active
- Past Chairman – Department of Orthopedics / Rehabilitation, Arlington Memorial Hospital, Arlington, Texas
- Operating Room Committee, Arlington Memorial Hospital, Arlington, Texas
- Credentials Committee, Arlington Memorial Hospital, Arlington, Texas
- Teaching Staff Fort Worth Affiliated Hospitals Orthopedic Residency Program