James J. Pollifrone, D.O.
Originally from Boardman, OH, Dr. James Pollifrone is a general orthopedist for Arlington Orthopedic Associates who specializes in hand and total joint surgery and fracture care for children. He received his undergraduate degree in mathematics at Hiram College in Ohio and his medical degree from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency at the Dallas Fort Worth Medical Center and underwent fellowship training at Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital. Dr. Pollifrone is affiliated with Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington as well as at Medical Center Arlington and he has been in practice for over 30 years.
Aside from his profession, Dr. Pollifrone enjoys the simplicity of spending time with his family and grandchildren as well as watching professional football and hockey.
- High School: Boardman High School, Boardman, Ohio 1976
- College: Hiram College, Hiram, Ohio 1980 BA, Mathematics and General Science
- Medical School: Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens
- AOA Approved Internship, Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital, Youngstown, Ohio, 7/84-6/85
- AOAO Approved Orthopedic Residency Dallas/Fort Worth Medical Center, Grand Prairie, Texas 7/85-6/89
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington – Active
- Medical Center of Arlington
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Tarrant County Medical
- “Musculoskeletal Involvement of Sickle Cell Disease” M.O.O.S. St Louis, Misouri 7/86
- “Treatment of Scaphoid Fractures and Other Difficult Fractures Using the Herbert Screw” M.O.O.S. Tulsa, Oklahoma 1/88
- “History of Intramedullary Rods” 33rd annual Postgraduate Seminar AOAO, Scottsdale, Arizona 5/93
- Case Study: True/Flex Intramedullary Rod System for the Upper Extremity. Applied Ostco Systems, Walnut Creek, Ca
- Dallas/Fort Worth Medical Center: Ex Official Medical Staff Officer to Board of Trustees 1993, Member Board of Trustees 1993-2000, Co-Chairman Department Of Orthopedics 1992, 1997, 1998, Chairman Department of Orthopedics 1993, 1994, Chairman Utilization Review 1989-1993, Chief of Staff 1994-1995, Residency Director Orthopedic Program 1998-9/00, Chairman of the Board – DFW Physicians Association 1996-2000
- Midwest Osteopathic Orthopedic Society: Secretary/Treasurer M.O.O.S. 1993-1994, Vice President M.O.O.S. 1995-1996, President M.O.O.S. 1997
- AOAO Member Evaluating Committee, 1995 – Present; Chairman 2010 AOAO Evaluating Committee
- Member AOAO Board of Directors 2007
- President-elect AOAO
- President, Arlington Orthopedic Associates, 2011-Present