James Pollifrone, D.O.
Originally from Boardman, Ohio; Dr. James Pollifrone is a General Orthopedist and Sports Medicine Physician who specializes in Hand, total joint surgery, and fracture care for adults and children.
Dr. Pollifrone received his undergraduate degree in Mathematics at Hiram College in Ohio and his Medical Degree from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his Residency at the Dallas Fort Worth Medical Center and underwent Fellowship training at Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital. Dr. Pollifrone has been recognized internationally for his outstanding surgical outcomes and has previously served as the President of the Board at Arlington Orthopedic Associates. He is currently affiliated with Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington as well as at Medical Center Arlington and has been practicing Orthopedic Medicine for over 30 years.
Aside from his profession, Dr. Pollifrone enjoys the simplicity of spending time with his family and grandchildren as well as watching professional football and hockey.
- High School: Boardman High School, Boardman, Ohio 1976
- College: Hiram College, Hiram, Ohio 1980 BA, Mathematics and General Science
- Medical School: Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens
- AOA Approved Internship, Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital, Youngstown, Ohio, 7/84-6/85
- AOAO Approved Orthopedic Residency Dallas/Fort Worth Medical Center, Grand Prairie, Texas 7/85-6/89
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington – Active Privileges
- Medical Center of Arlington
- Musculoskeletal Involvement of Sickle Cell Disease” M.O.O.S. St Louis, Missouri 7/86
- “Treatment of Scaphoid Fractures and Other Difficult Fractures Using the Herbert Screw” M.O.O.S. Tulsa, Oklahoma 1/88
- “History of Intramedullary Rods” 33rd annual Postgraduate Seminar AOAO, Scottsdale, Arizona 5/93
- Case Study: True/Flex Intramedullary Rod System for the Upper Extremity. Applied Ostco Systems, Walnut Creek, Ca
- Dallas/Fort Worth Medical Center: Ex Official Medical Staff Officer to Board of Trustees 1993, Member Board of Trustees 1993-2000, Co-Chairman Department Of Orthopedics 1992, 1997, 1998, Chairman Department of Orthopedics 1993, 1994, Chairman Utilization Review 1989-1993, Chief of Staff 1994-1995, Residency Director Orthopedic Program 1998-9/00, Chairman of the Board – DFW Physicians Association 1996-2000
- Midwest Osteopathic Orthopedic Society: Secretary/Treasurer M.O.O.S. 1993-1994, Vice President M.O.O.S. 1995-1996, President M.O.O.S. 1997
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics Member Evaluating Committee, 1995; Chairman AOAO Evaluating Committee 2010-2019
- Member AOAO Board of Directors 2007-2014
- Former President of American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics 2012-2013
- Former President, Arlington Orthopedic Associates 2011-2015
- Member of American Osteopathic Association Postgraduate and Training Review Committee