JEFFREY CARTER, D.O.
Originally from Eastern Nevada, Dr. Jeffrey Carter is board-certified in Orthopedic Surgery. He graduated from Medical School at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, MO in 1980. Dr. Carter completed his internship in St. Louis in 1981 and later his residency at Brentwood Hospital (Warrensville Heights, Ohio.)
Dr. Carter served in the United States Armed Forces as a General Medicine Officer at Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona and Fort Benning, Georgia. and as an Emergency Room Physician at Martin Army Community Hospital. Dr. Carter currently treats various conditions ranging from fractures, dislocations, derangement, and sprains. He has been practicing for over 20 years and offices exclusively at our Arlington location.
Outside of work, Dr. Carter maintains a healthy and active lifestyle by playing golf and running. He enjoys being an orthopedic surgeon and takes pride in the care he provides his patients, but he also takes pride in his family when he’s home.
- Texas State Medical Board
- Ohio State Medical Board
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery 9/95
- Recertified 2016
- College: University of Missouri, Rolla Missouri, 1971-1976 B.S. Metallurgical Engineering
- Medical School: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, Missouri, 1976-1980 D.O.
- Internship: Normandy Osteopathic Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri 1980-1981
- Resident: Orthopedic Surgery, Brentwood Hospital, Warrensville Heights, Oh
- Yuma Proving Ground, Yuma, Arizona, General Medicine Officer, 2 Physician Clinic Occupational Health Physician 1981- 1982
- Martin Army Community Hospital, Emergency Room Physician
- Ft. Benning Georgia, General Medical Officer
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Association
- Arlington Orthopedic Associates, P.A. 1996-Present
- Private Practice: Grand Prairie & Arlington, Texas 1987-1996
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington – Active
- Medical Center of Arlington – Active
- Mansfield Methodist Hospital – Active
- Texas Health Resources of Arlington
- KCOM: Atlas Club/v. Pres.1976-1980, Bachelor’s Club 1977-1980, Student Campus Center Committee Chairman 1979
- University of Missouri: Football / 4 year letterman 1971-1975, Track / 2 years 1971-1972, Golf / 1 year 1973, Theta Tau Professional Engineering society 1972-1976, Alpha Phi Omega 1971-1974, Blue Key National Honor Society 1973-1976, St. Patrick’s Day Knight 1976
- Natural History of Lymphosarcoma of Bone, A Case Report 1984
- Percutaneous Medial Malleolar Fixation 1985
- Infected, Exposed Metallic Internal Fixation; What to do? 1986
- Antibiotic-Impregnated Bone Cement Bed; A Clinical Trial 1987