James W. Burnett, M.D.
Originating from Lodi, California, Dr. James Burnett now specializes in orthopedic surgery and sport medicine at Arlington Orthopedic Associates. Dr. Burnett completed Medical School in the summer of 1996 at Tulane Medical University in New Orleans, LA. He then completed his residency at Texas A&M University Scott & White Hospital in Temple, TX in 2001, and was a staff orthopaedic surgeon in the United States Navy until 2004.
Dr. Burnett sees patients at the AOA Arlington location and has been practicing for over 20 years. He is affiliated with Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital and in addition to speaking English, he also speaks Spanish.
Outside of his busy work life, doctor Burnett enjoys relaxing at home, lifting weights, cross training, going on vacation, and supporting his favorite football team, the Pittsburg Steelers.
- Arlington Orthopedic Associates, Arlington, TX, July 2004 – Present
- U.S. Navy, Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, U.S. Naval Hospital – Yokosuka, Japan, U.S. Naval Hospital – Bremerton, WA, July 2001-2004
- University of California, Davis, CA, Bachelor of Science – Biological Science, July 1988-1992
- Tulane Medical University, New Orleans, LA, Doctor of Medicine, July 1992-1996
Post Graduate Medical Education
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship, Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX, July 1996-1997
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX, July 1997-2001
Certification & Licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – July 2003
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Orthopaedic Sports Medicine – November 9, 2007
- Texas Medical License, August 1997
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Association
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington
Sports Team Affiliations
- Oakridge School – Team Physician, 2005- Present
- Timberview High School – Team Physician, 2004-2005
Honors & Awards
- GW Brindley Foundation Resident Research Award 2001
- Tulane-Caldwell Society Award – Excellence in Study of Orthopaedics
- Alpha Omega Alpha Society – eligible 1996