John Drkulec, M.D.
Since 2003, Dr. John Drkulec has consistently provided top-tier sports medicine and orthopedic care to the Mansfield, Grand Prairie, and Midlothian area. In 2007, he spearheaded AOA’s Mansfield location development, serving as the Head of the Orthopedic Surgery division at Mansfield Methodist Medical Center from 2007 until 2018. A fixture on the sidelines of area football games, he has also served as one of the main Sports Medicine Providers for MISD athletes and their families since 2007.
His portfolio of high-profile sports team physicianships continually expands. In 2019, Dr. Drkulec’s reputation landed him as the team physician and lead surgeon for the XFL’s Dallas Renegades. Additionally, Dr. Drkulec stays actively involved with the University of Texas in Arlington Mavericks Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, and Track teams. Previously having served as the medical staple of the Grand Prairie Air Hogs Minor League team as well as both Men and Women’s Big 12 Basketball Tournaments.
In his free time, Dr. Drkulec finds a way to bring his medical and sports backgrounds to work for the community; coaching local youth soccer, basketball, and hockey teams.
- Pre – Medical: 1988 – 1990. University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Dept. of Biology
- Medical: 1990 – 1994. University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Degree of Medicine (May 1994)
- Residency: 1994 – 1999. University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Orthopedic Surgery Residency (June 1999).Program Director: Dr. Jay Jarvis
- Fellowship: University of Western Ontario, Fowler / Kennedy Sports Medicine Clinic, London, Ontario, Canada. Fellowship in Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy. Program Director: Dr. Peter J. Fowler
- 1992. United States Medical Licensing Examination, Part I
- 1994. United States Medical Licensing Examination, Part II
- 1994. Licensure of the Medical Council of Canada, Part I
- 1996. Licensure of the Medical Council of Canada, Part II
- 1999. United States Medical Licensing Examination, Part III
- 1999. Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Orthopedic Surgery
- 2000. Certificate of Sports Medicine, Canada (CASM)
- 2002. American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, Part I
- 2005. American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, Part II
Hospital & Administrative Affiliations
- March 2002 – Present. Methodist Health System (Dallas). 1441 N. Beckley Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75203-1201. Active
- July 2002 – Present. Duncanville Surgery Center. 1018 E. Wheatland Road, Duncanville, Texas 75116
- February 2005 – Present. Medical Center of Arlington. 3301 Matlock Road, Arlington, Texas 76015. Active
- October 2005 – Renaissance Hospital. 2929 South Hampton Road, Dallas, Texas 75224. Temporary
- February 7, 2007 – Present. Surgery Center of Arlington. 2400 Matlock Road, Arlington, Texas 76015
- February 2, 2010 – Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington. 707 Highlander Blvd., Arlington, TX 76015
- Methodist Mansfield Medical Center. 2700 E Broad St, Mansfield, Texas 76063
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopedic Association