Mark Kazewych, M.D.
Dr. Mark Kazewych is originally from Union Lake, MI and specializes in orthopedic surgery at Arlington Orthopedic Associates. He graduated from Kettering University (GMI Engineering & Management Institute) in 1990, but later decided to pursue a career in medicine and attended Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine. Dr. Kazewych graduated Medical School in 1995 and went on to complete his internship and his residency at Henry Ford Health Systems.
Dr Kazewych has used his engineering background to assist in design and manufacturing of orthopedic implants. He is currently active as an FDA researcher for Cartiheal. He has special interest in preserving patient joints through the use of MACI, osteotomies (limb realignment) cadaveric joint replacement. When indicated Dr Kazewych also performs traditional shoulder, knee and hip replacements.
Professional Employment Current
Attending Orthopaedics Surgeon
Baylor Irving Medical Center
1901 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Irving, TX 75061
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas TX (courtesy)
- MacArthur Surgery Center, Irving, TX
- Baylor Coppell Surgical Hospital
- Baylor Medical Center, Irving, TX
- State of Texas L5404 Medical License
- ABOS General Orthopedics 2012-2022; 2002 -2012
- Henry Ford Health System Detroit, MI. Intern & Orthopedic Surgery Residency 1995-2000
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of MedicineRootstown, OH. Doctor of Medicine 1995
- GMI Engineering & Management Institute
Flint, MI (now Kettering Institute)
Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science. Subspecialty: Polymer Science 1990 Graduate; Pi Tau Sigma – Engineering Honor Society
- Albion College. Albion, MI 1985-1986
- Orthopaedics Attending Surgeon Mercy Hospital. Cadillac, MI 49601 9/1/00-12/31/02
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI: Associate Team Physician (volunteer) Men’s Hockey 01,02
- Residency: Henry Ford Health Systems, Detroit, MI: Orthopaedics 1995-2000
- General Motors Corporation Inland Fisher Guide Division. Warren, MI Project Engineer 1990-91
- Magna International – formerly Douglas & Lomason Company Farmington Hills, MI: Urethane Engineering, Quality Assurance, Plant Engineering, General Production. 1986-90
- Fellow – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2012-2022; 2002-2012)
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- FDA Clinical Research 2018 – Present
- ICJR – Internatiknal Cartilage & Joint Restoration member
- Team Physician- UTA Div 1 sports.
- Team Physician NAHL – Lonestar Brahmas
- available upon request
- None: monetary, goods or services
- MACI Procedure
- HTO – High Tibial Osteotomy
- DFO – Distal femoral Osteotomy
- TTO – Tibial tubercle Osteotomy
- SCR – Superior capsular reconstruction
- Stem Cell Injections